Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new tutorial made with some new Holidays Die Versions releases. I wanted to show you that those DV dies are just perfect for altered art or Mixed Media art too.
This time I altered the round metal tin and I wanted to check the paints and mediums over the bare tin. No primer, no basic layer, just the bare metal.
So here we go!
Step by step tutorial:
1. Paint the metal tin box cover with one single layer of Chalk It Up Blue Dinner Mint paint and let it dry.
2.Take two Clearsnap Art screens by Ann Butler- the Stars and the Waves and arrange them on the top and the bottom of the tin as shown. Use ESF Gel Medium as your texture paste over the stencils.
3. Add bright blue glitter over the top stars while it's wet and clear glitter on the bottom. Now let it dry!
4. Paint with Chalk It Up Avocado Pie, Lemon Bar and Rock Candy in the middle, making a kind of a scene. Die cut the Die Versions O' CHRISTMAS TREE with a die, glue it over the tin with Gel Medium and paint over the die cut tree with the same green and yellow paints.
5. Die cut the DV Whispers- Reindeer Sleigh, paint it with Huckleberry Cobler (not shown on the photo) and glue it over the tin with gel medium.
6. Add a few splashes of Ann Butler's Pearl Iridescents paint to imitate the snow on the die cut tree and under the sleigh. Add fabric sentiment (PHP) and your winter tin cover is done. Cover the whole finished cover with a thin layer of Gel Glaze.